Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Do You Know Your Cholesterol Level?

I recently had my cholesterol level checked and it was surprisingly higher than expected. So it was time for some advice - my own advice - advice that I have given literally hundreds of times over the years to the many clients that I have been fortunate enough to work with. My goal? First, increase my interval training on the cardio side - I have started doing more Tabata interval workouts (using a 2:1 work-to-rest ratio, typically 20 sec. of work followed by 10 sec. of recovery for 4:00). This should help to raise my HDL level. Second, eliminate all high cholesterol foods (and desserts) - not to mention one of my favorite's ...ice cream. I always say that "I exercise so I can eat and drink what I want." That (sadly) must change. I will, however, keep my red wine at dinner. There is benefit to drinking red wine ...right? Finally, I have to re-read Dr. Katz' book Cut Your Cholesterol - especially since I helped develop the exercise programs for the book. We shall see how it all goes - I have a physical in April.

1 comment:

buy ranitidine 150 mg online said...

aciloc 150 mg Tablet is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid your stomach makes. It is used to treat and prevent heartburn, indigestion, and other symptoms caused by too much acid in the stomach. It is also used to treat and prevent stomach ulcers, reflux disease, and some rarer conditions.