There are a lot of tips that I have used over the years with former private clients as well as with myself that will help keep daily calories down.
Since 1985 the average American consumes 1000 more calories a week.
Try the following:
- Drink water whenever you can - have a glass first thing in the morning to jump start your metabolism and use it as a "filler" between drinks (alcohol).
- Start reading food labels.
- Eat 4-5 small meals and snack every 3 hrs throughout the day - keeps you full during the day
- Aviod late night eating - stay away of calories after 8 PM when yor metabolism begins to slow.
- If you can't do the 8 PM thing - at least do not eat 3 hrs prior to going to bed.
- Eat nutrient dense foods that contain fiber.
- Try wearing a pedometer and exercise most days of the week.
- Eat protein with each meal - it takes more calories to breakdown protein and keeps u full longer.
- Start eating more fruits and vegetables - at least 5 servings/day (preferably 9).
- Cut down on alcohol or avoid during the week.
- For more tips check out www.twitter.com/michaelwoodspg