The New Year is here and one of the most common resolutions is slimming down! Everyone wants to look their best before the spring but not everyone knows how. Expert Dr. Lisa Davis came up with 5 tips to people slim down after indulging during the holidays.
Top 5 Tips to Help You Slim Down for the New Year
1. Begin the day with a high protein breakfast. Protein-rich shakes, bars, and eggs make excellent choices that fill you up and stave off hunger for hours.
2. Tuck away portion-controlled snacks in your purse and make sure to eat one every 2 to 3 hours. Your blood sugar levels will stay steady and so will your mood.
3. Keep plenty of low-calorie fruits and vegetables handy to snack on – they offer an antioxidant punch to help reduce the stress of planning a wedding, and give your skin a healthy glow.
4. Get plenty of sleep, 7-8 hours per night. Studies show it can help you attain that figure that you're looking for.
5. Hydration, Hydration, Hydration! Drink water as opposed to calorie laden beverages.
Lisa M. Davis, Ph.D., PA-C, C.N.S., L.D.N. is Vice President of Scientific and Clinical Affairs for Medifast. She holds a Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University with a focus in Obesity Research and is the co-author of the book, “Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Health.”