To help you stay out of that hibernation period especially if you have a sedentary job (30-60 minute round-trip commute and 7 hours behind a desk) try the following:
- Pay close attention to portion size when it comes to meals and snacks. Don't let your 150-200 calories snack turn into a 500+ calorie fourth meal!
- Cut down your sugar consumption - read foods labels and pay attention to sugar content.
- Get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day.
- Get up every 30-60 minutes from your desk and take a walk and move more.
- Spend less time watching TV.
- Start increasing your activity level during the day especially on the weekends.
New research out of Australia is telling us that we can still run into "trouble" (even if we exercise) if we live a sedentary lifestyle.