Friday, February 10, 2012

Try This Power Breakfast

If you're looking for a quick, nutritious breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the early part of your day then try a bowl of oatmeal. The beauty of this quick breakfast is the variety - in terms of toppings - that you can add on any given day. This morning (see photo) I added a bit of skim milk, chia seeds, walnuts, sprinkled on some wheat germ and topped with blueberries. Other mornings I have added sliced apple, or strawberries, sunflower seeds etc. See benefits of chia seeds here. One cup of oatmeal offers about 4 grams of fiber and is packed with vitamins and minerals - see here for more detail. Give it a try you just may be surprised at how much you like it.

Serving Information (1/2 cup dry) Oatmeal

Total Calories - 150
Carbohydrate - 27 grams
Fiber - 4 grams
Protein - 5 grams

Keep in mind this is for just 1/2 cup - I measured what I ate and it equaled 1 cup so I have to double all the numbers above to get an accurate number in terms of caloric intake. I also need to be aware of the extra calories added for the milk that I added and all the toppings as well. What I also like about this is the ratio of carbs to protein that I'm getting - a 5:1 ratio - which also makes it great for a post workout recovery fuel.

1 comment:

buy desmopressin online said...

desmopressin It helps treat diabetes insipidus, post-hypophysectomy polyuria polydipsia, and bedwetting by causing water reabsorption in the kidneys and reducing the amount of urine to be filled up in the bladder.