Sunday, May 30, 2010

13 Yr. Old Boy Reaches Summit Mt. Everest

This past week 13 year Jordan Romero from California reached the summit of Mt. Everest. This is an amazing feat for anyone but a 13 year old is another story. I have a friend Eric who just got back from Nepal and he also reached the summit. Eric stated in an email that it was one of the hardest things he has ever done. Eric is a former Marine...enough said. Team Romero was made up of Jordan, his Dad and the Dad's girlfriend along with their Sherpa's.

I'm trying to determine if this is the same same young man (pictured with me) that was on Mt. Kilimanjaro during the same time period back in February 2008. Back in 2008 the boy that that made the climb was also with his Dad and became - I believe - the youngest person to climb the 19,340' mountain in Tanzania. He had a PBS film crew at the time following him to document his trek. I actually had this photo taken with him and I believe he was 11 at the time which would make the current age of 13 correct. He also had long hair and was from the West Coast (CA). If you have any information please send me an email and let me know, I would very much appreciate it... thanks. You can contact me via email at woodspg@gmail.com The photo below is what Jordan looks like today at age 13. Either way congratulations to Jordan and his team for their remarkable feat!

No comments: